CCS Advocates help connect survivors with the information, resources, and referrals they need to further their own goals. Survivors of relationship and sexual violence often find themselves involved in confusing legal proceedings and complicated social service systems. Advocates help survivors navigate these systems, and make informed decisions, while providing a supportive and non-judgmental presence.
My [advocate] was absolutely amazing. She was very attentive, supportive, encouraging, and easy to talk to. She never gave up no matter what.
If one thing didn't work out, she tried another and another. That truly meant a lot to me.
Intimate Partner Violence Advocacy
- 24-hour hotline for immediate crisis intervention, and peer support
- Victim Rights – information including Marsy’s Law and California statutes
- San Diego County Family Courts – help to understand and navigate the system.
- Court-related Accompaniment (subject to availability/circumstances)
- Domestic Violence Restraining Order hearings
- Family Court hearings, such as Custody Order hearings
- Law Enforcement and Child Welfare Services meetings/interviews
- Domestic Abuse Forensic Exams – information, referral and accompaniment during forensic exams for IPV survivors of severe abuse or strangulation
High Risk Teams – information, referral and accompaniment. Click here to view High Risk Team details.
- Assistance completing Victims of Crime (VOC) and Safe at Home (confidential address) applications
- Help accessing community resources and programs addressing housing/rental needs, food resources, financial assistance, public benefits (CalFresh/SNAP, Medi-Cal, Cal. Unemployment Insurance), immigration, and other needs
Referrals to legal, counseling, child advocacy, sexual assault advocacy, and shelter programs within Center for Community Solutions
Services are provided throughout out San Diego County by appointment only. Please call (858) 272-5777 ext. 7100 for more information.
Sexual Assault Advocacy
- Intervention Services: 24-hour hotline for immediate crisis intervention, safety planning and peer support.
- Counseling Services: Confidential phone counseling, and individual, family, couple, and group counseling for survivors. Learn more about our Counseling Services here.
- Hospital Accompaniment: Advocates meet the victim at the forensic exam site to provide emotional support and to help the victim make informed decisions.
- Criminal Justice System Accompaniment: Survivors can choose to have advocates accompany them to law enforcement interviews, court dates, sentencings, and other judicial proceedings. Advocates can also help survivors to understand and navigate the Criminal Law system, including victim's rights.
- Victims of Crime: Assistance completing Victims of Crime (VOC) applications.
- Information and Referrals: Advocates empower victims by helping them make informed choices, and provide linkages to programs that address the client’s needs.
Services are provided throughout out San Diego County. Please call (858) 272-5777 ext. 7150 for more information.