San Diego Women's March
Join CCS at the Women’s March this Saturday, January 20th. CCS CEO, Verna Griffin-Tabor along with staff, volunteers and supporters will be marching with an organization called Allies for Women, http://wwww.alliesforwomen.org. We march for our voices and votes to be heard! This peaceful demonstration will bring attention to the 2018 elections, magnifying the work being done by community organizations to turn out the vote!
First we MARCH - then we VOTE!
Please join us - bring your family and friends! We will be meeting between 8-9:30am at Tazza D'oro coffee shop in Little Italy. The address is 1603 India Street, San Diego, CA 92101 http://www.tazzadorosd.com/
Please note that the surrounding vicinity where the march begins and ends (Waterfront Park West on Harbor Drive) will be very busy and parking will be difficult. We suggest carpooling, taking the trolley, signing up for rideshares, or a Lyft or Uber (see the GENERAL TRANSPORTATION section below)
Senator Toni Atkins | Elder Nancy Nagle of the Santa Ysabel Kumeyaay Nation | Assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez | Skyler McCurine, MC | Congresswoman Susan Davis | Rabbi Laurie Coskey | Assemblywoman Shirley Weber | San Diego Women's Chorus | Vanessa McCullers, Moms of Black Boys United | Women's Drum Circle | The Resisterz | Councilmember Barbara Bry | Dulce Garcia | Councilmember Georgette Gomez
GENERAL TRANSPORTATION & PARKING
IMPORTANT: The Coaster and Amtrak trains will not be running on January 20th. It is recommended that marchers consider one of the following transportation options:
1. Park at SDCCU Stadium (formerly Qualcomm) and catch the trolley. MTS has 5,000 free parking spots and will boost service to every 7.5 minutes beginning at 8 a.m.! Also, the Compass Cloud mobile ticketing app is the fastest option to get Trolley passes in advance. Exit at the County Center/Little Italy Station. All Women’s March Trolley service info can be found here.
2. Purchase a bus ticket through Amtrak, they will have bus service in lieu of trains. Tickets are limited.
3. Get a bunch of marchers together and charter a bus! email@example.com
4. Buy a ticket from Rally Bus. As long as 30 or more people sign-up for a bus, it will run. Prices start at $30 round trip.
5. Search for parking in downtown San Diego.