UPDATES REGARDING OPERATING HOURS AND ACCESS DURING COVID-19
Domestic Violence Restraining Order Clinic
Due to the recent concerns with COVID-19, Center for Community Solutions’ restraining order clinic will assist east county residents for free over the phone with restraining orders for domestic violence. If you would like information and assistance with filing a domestic violence restraining order, please call our helpline during clinic operating hours below.
Wednesday 1 PM to 5 PM; Thursday and Friday 8:30 AM to 5 PM
CCS DVRO Clinic Helpline: 619-314-5714
If we are busy with another caller, please leave your name, a safe contact number (please state if it is “safe” to leave a voicemail), and a brief message and we will return your call during our clinic operating hours. Calls received outside of our clinic operating hours will be returned within the next business day.
The Legal Aid Society of San Diego and the San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program are also offering free restraining order clinic services over the phone. Please refer to the numbers and websites below for up to date information regarding their available services.
Legal Aid Society of San Diego: 877-534-2524 ∣ www.lassd.org
San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program: 619-235-5656 ∣ www.sdvlp.org
There may also be free walk-in assistance at each courthouse at the Family Law Facilitator’s Office during their business hours. They may also assist with Civil Harassment Restraining Orders and Elder Abuse Restraining Orders. Please refer to the court website for up to date information regarding available services at www.sdcourt.ca.gov.
Survivors of Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) - also known as Domestic Violence (DV), Sexual Assault, and Stalking often face a variety of civil legal challenges in the aftermath of violence or abuse. These challenges threaten the basic necessities of life: personal safety, housing, employment, education, divorce/custody, immigration, and privacy. Each year, CCS’ legal programs provide quality legal services to hundreds of survivors of relationship and sexual violence and stalking.
CCS’ legal staff take a holistic, client-centered approach to assisting survivors. Services are designed to empower clients with information and options to stabilize their lives, allowing them to pursue self-defined goals instead of reacting to crisis.
- Services are free and confidential for eligible individuals.
- Several staff members are bilingual and language interpretation (including American Sign Language) is available.
CCS’ Legal Services Attorneys provide legal assistance to self-represented survivors of intimate partner violence, sexual assault, and stalking (including guidance on how to be your own lawyer in court). Residents throughout San Diego County are eligible for services.
- Consultation and court preparation for survivors of intimate partner violence – including Domestic Violence Restraining Orders (DVRO), custody, divorce, and related family law proceedings.
- Consultation and assistance for survivors of sexual assault and stalking – including Civil Harassment Restraining Orders (CHRO), crime victims’ rights, privacy, and related civil law matters.
- Information and guidance for survivors regarding housing, immigration, employment, and education concerns related to violence or abuse
- Walk-In DVRO Clinic at El Cajon Courthouse (See location and hours below)- including consultation and preparation of initial DVRO paperwork
- High Risk Teams – information, referral and accompaniment. Click here to view High Risk Team details.
- Connecting survivors with a wide range of resources and referrals to CCS and community services –including, but not limited to, counseling, immigration services, emergency shelter, crisis line, and other legal support programs.
Legal Services Attorneys partner closely with CCS Legal Advocates (IPV/DV) and Sexual Assault Services Advocates. Please click on the links above for more details regarding our advocacy services.
Location and Contact Information
Central San Diego services are located at 4508 Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, CA 92109. Services at this location are by appointment only. Please call 858-272-5777 ext. 7100 for more information.
North County services are located at 210 S. Juniper St. #210, Escondido, CA 92025. Services at this location are by appointment only. Please call (760) 747-6282 ext. 7100 for more information.
East County services are located at 460 N. Magnolia Ave., El Cajon, CA 92020. Services at this location are by appointment only. Please call (619) 697-7477 ext. 7100 for more information.
The El Cajon Walk-In DVRO Clinic is located at the El Cajon Courthouse, 250 E. Main St., El Cajon, CA 92020. Clinic hours are Monday – Friday 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM. No appointment is needed – people will be seen on a first come, first served basis.
CCS operates the El Cajon Walk-In DVRO Clinic Wednesdays 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM and Thursdays & Fridays 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Another legal services provider operates the clinic Mondays & Tuesdays 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM and Wednesdays 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM.