Intimate Partner Violence (IPV), also known as Domestic Violence (DV), is best understood as a pattern of abusive behaviors including physical, sexual, and emotional attacks where one relationship partner gains power and control over another. Survivors of IPV/DV often find themselves involved in confusing legal proceedings and complicated social service systems. As California-certified Domestic Violence Counselors, Advocates help survivors navigate these systems, and make informed decisions, while providing a supportive and non-judgmental presence. CCS Advocates help connect survivors with the information, resources, and referrals they need to further their own goals.
- Services are free and confidential for eligible individuals.
- Several staff members are bilingual and language interpretation (including American Sign Language) is available.
- Safety planning – ongoing to address changing needs.
- Crisis intervention and peer support.
- Victim Rights – information including Marsy’s Law and California statutes.
- San Diego County Family Courts – help to understand and navigate the system.
- Court-related Accompaniment (subject to availability/circumstances).
- Domestic Violence Restraining Order hearings
- Family Court hearings, such as Custody Order hearings
- Law Enforcement and Child Welfare Services meetings/interviews
- Domestic Abuse Forensic Exams – information, referral and accompaniment during forensic exams for IPV survivors of severe abuse or strangulation.
- High Risk Teams – information, referral and accompaniment. Click here to view High Risk Team details.
- Assistance completing Victims of Crime (VOC) and Safe at Home (confidential address) applications.
- Help accessing community resources and programs addressing housing/rental needs, food resources, financial assistance, public benefits (CalFresh/SNAP, Medi-Cal, Cal. Unemployment Insurance), immigration, and other needs.
- Referrals to legal, counseling, child advocacy, sexual assault advocacy, and shelter programs within Center for Community Solutions.
Location and Contact Information
Central San Diego services are at 4508 Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, CA 92109. Services at this location are by appointment only. Please call 858-272-5777 ext. 7100 for more information.
North County services are located at 210 S. Juniper St. #210, Escondido, CA 92025. Services at this location are by appointment only. Please call (760) 747-6282 ext. 7100 for more information.
East County services are located at 460 N. Magnolia Ave., El Cajon, CA 92020. Services at this location are by appointment only. Please call (619) 697-7477 ext. 7100 for more information.